Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pizza Balls! :-)

Hello!

Hope you are enjoying the Holiday! :) I am going to share a recipe that I make at least once a month.

Pizza balls!  

I don't have a set recipe, so just bare with me as I make this up as I go.... lol.

You will need:
-Rhodes frozen dinner rolls dough
 - Block of Cheese (I have used mozzarella or colby jack, both are good! Also you want block cheese, I have used shredded, but block is easier to work with!)
-Flour
-Parmesan cheese (optional)
-Pizza toppings! This can be whatever you like on your pizza! I usually use pepperonis, onion, mushroom, and black olive.  You could also try hamburger (cooked), green pepper, bacon.... literally what ever makes your belly happy!
-2 tablespoon butter
-Italian seasoning
-Garlic Powder 
-Pizza sauce for dipping

To Make:
-Set out the amount of dinner rolls you would like to eat on a baking sheet and let them thaw out for 30-45 minutes.... For the two of us, I usually make 12ish, because they fit easiest on a baking sheet and that will leave enough for one of us to have lunch the next day.
-Cut your cheese. I do about a quarter of an inch think slices and then cut the slices in half.... I hope that makes since. But do however much you like!  
-Chop your veggies! I don't chop the mushrooms because I buy them in slices and it is just easier to keep them that way. I use a ninja chopper for the rest! I cannot tell you how much I love this thing!! I use it all the time! It is like a slap chop only electric! Love it!! They are about $20 at Target if you're interested.

-Once the rolls are thawed out, dip one in flour, otherwise they are sticky, and flatten it into a circle about the size of a baseball. 
-Put the toppings in the middle. I have found it easiest to start with 2 pepperonis on bottom, next a cube of cheese, then a mushroom slice, about a 1 1/2 teaspoon of black olive, 1 1/2 teaspoon of onion, sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese if your using it, then top it off with 2 more pepperonis. 
-Then your going pull the edges of the dough to the center on top of the last 2 pepperonis and pinch them together. Place the rolls pinched side down on the baking sheet.  About half way through you will want to preheat your oven at 350 degrees.
-Repeat these steps for the rest.
-Brush the tops of the pizza balls with melted butter.
-Sprinkle with garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
-Bake them for 20 minutes. They don't really turn golden brown except where the garlic is so don't wait for them to brown, they should be done after the 20 minutes.
-Serve with a heated jar of pizza sauce!

Finished product:


These are really easy to make, but a little time consuming to put each one together... they are worth it though!

Enjoy!

For His Glory!
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment